Get to Know How to Reset Garmin Vivoactive 3 within a Snap!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Did your Garmin Vivoactive 3 run slowly? Or, do you forget the password or pattern lock? In such cases, many of us fail to find a solution.
Happily, resetting the Vivoactive 3 can help you sort out the problems. But how to reset Garmin Vivoactive 3?
There are many other ways to fix this sports watch. But, for now, resetting the Garmin watch is the main focus.
Why Do You Need to Reset Garmin Vivoactive 3?
Now, people might have concerns as to why Garmin Vivoactive 3 would need to reset. Not that this watch model falls under the ‘flawed and troublesome’ category. However, resetting the watch model may resolve certain problems that users might face during usage.
Here are the possible reasons why the Vivoactive 3 watch model requires a reset:
- Garmin Vivoactive 3 has the biggest issue of running extremely slow. At points, the user tends to use sports watches roughly and frequently. For which the issue of lagging and slowing down takes place.
Hence, a factory or hard reset will clear the issues, causing the watch to work slowly.
- Sometimes, users forget their password or patterns they set to lock their Garmin watch. For that, they fail to gain access to their watch and cannot get access to their important files. Resetting the watch will eventually disable the passcode.
Factory reset will delete the option of password protection, and hence users can use the default version.
- Just like the watch starts working slowly all of a sudden, it also freezes at certain times. Such hanging problems might sometimes lead to certain unwanted issues during critical hours. Hence a hard resetting will help to clean the hitches that allow sudden freezing setbacks.
- At times, when an application is used for a long time, it suddenly crashes. For example, Gmail crashed when the user was sending an email to their boss. Therefore, giving a reset will clear out the caches and avoid sudden crashes in the future.
- Resetting Garmin watches also has another advantage. When the user wants to sell their watch, the data that the watch contains might be confidential. This is why resetting the watch will delete and permanently remove all the credential and non-credential data.
Make sure to back up all the information and files before resetting Vivoactive 3 and selling it.
- Some users prefer to use the default and in-built feature that Garmin Vivoactive 3 provides. When they use third-party software and updates, the entire functionality of the watch changes. Which might be an uneasy experience for a lot of users.
This is why factory resets will help to get back the default functions that were provided beforehand.
- Another major problem that watches users faces are the hanging problem. The watch might stop working for a while and then works again as if nothing happened. This occurs because of the stacked cache data and files that need to be removed.
The only way to get rid of the hanging problem is to reset the watch so that it works smoothly.
How to Reset Garmin Vivoactive 3
There are several ways Garmin Vivoactive 3 watch models can be reset for better performance.
Moreover, resetting the watch will also help in clearing out all the unwanted junk stored in the watch. Removing those unsolicited cache files will help the watch to run smoothly and effortlessly.
There are 2 common ways to reset this watch model. One is by giving a soft reset, and another by giving a factory or hard reset.
1. Soft Reset
The easy and most common resetting method is the soft reset. Soft resets are particularly done when the watch is lagging or not responding. This reset method will not harm or damage any files or delete any data.
Here is how a soft reset on Garmin Vivoactive 3 is done:
Step 01: Press the power button
To start from the first step, hold the button on the right side of the watch for at least 15 seconds. This will switch off the watch thoroughly.
Step 02: Switch on the Garmin watch
The next thing that needs to be done is to turn the watch back. For that, just press the button for a few seconds until the screen is visible.
That’s it! A soft reset is more like restarting a phone when the function glitches. This soft reset will help to fix the small issues and makes it run smoothly.
Now the next common way to reset the watches is the hard reset or factory reset. Factory reset deletes all the personal information and make the watch go back to its original function.
2. Hard Reset
A hard reset, on the other hand, has the option to reset the watch and also keep the data and information untouched.
This is how a hard reset or factory reset is done:
Step 01: Long press the watch screen
First of all, press the watch screen for a long time, maybe a couple of seconds, until all the options are available.
Step 02: Click on settings
Once you press on the watch screen for a couple of seconds, scroll down until the settings option is found.
Step 03: Click on the system
Next up, scroll down unless and until the option named ‘system’ is found. Make sure to click on it lightly and not press it for a long time.
Step 04: Click on reset
Inside the system option, a lot of options will be available. Scroll down further and stop when the option ‘reset’ is found.
Step 05: Choose the first option for factory reset
Under the reset option, only two options are available. The first option is the factory reset, where all the data will be safe and protected from getting deleted. If a factory reset is required, then choose the first option.
Or, if a hard reset is necessary, where the watch needs to be free from data and files, choose the second option. This will delete all the data and information stored in the memory of the watch. More like the watch will work like it is completely new.
And the factory reset is done! This reset will help in case the user desires to sell their watch. For which removing the information and credential details are necessary. Moreover, users will find factory-built applications that they might use it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is formatting factory reset Garmin Vivoactive 3 safe?
It is absolutely safe and secure to format a factory reset on Garmin Vivoactive 3. This helps to get rid of unwanted hanging and crashing problems. Also, it will get back to its original functions.
Is it mandatory to update the system again of Garmin Vivoactive 3 after the Hard Reset?
Since the factory reset makes the Vivoactive 3 models go back to its previous functionality, an update is necessary. Some apps and software will get back to their old updates, which might be incompatible with the latest versions.
When hard reset is required on Garmin Vivoactive 3?
When you decide to sell your Garmin Vivoactive 3 to the marketplace, the data you saved may be confidential. That is why a factory reset will clean out all the saved data and remove everything.
What precautions to take prior to factory resetting Garmin Vivoactive 3?
Hard reset tends to reset the watch without deleting any data stored in the watch. So, before opting for a hard reset, make sure to save the data and files properly.
Will all junk be removed after a hard reset of Garmin Vivoactive 3?
When you do a hard reset on Garmin Vivoactive 3, all the junk and cached data files will be removed. Also, this will make the watch run more smoothly without having to lose any files.
Garmin Vivoactive 3 is for those people who love to wear watches and also use them for external purposes.
For those watch enthusiasts, Garmin Vivoactive 3 is more like their second mobile device. This means all the data and information are saved on that small yet handy device.
Hence, doing a soft and hard reset from time to time will ensure a better life for the device. Now that you got to know how to reset Garmin Vivoactive 3 watches, feel relaxed and eased
If the watch lags or hangs all of a sudden, you know what to do. Also, you don’t have to run to the shops and ask them to fix it and pay for it.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 9 Best ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass) Watches Of 2023 - July 5, 2023
- How to Get Rid of Watch Rash Instantly | Learn 7 Excellent Ways - June 2, 2023
- How to Set up And Use Apple Pay on Apple Watch to Pay Easily - May 17, 2023