How to Set a Fossil Watch with 3 Dials | A Thorough Explanation
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesn’t know how to set a fossil watch with 3 dials? Our ultimate guide will help you set up your timekeeper’s settings.
Fossil is a famous, beautiful and classic brand of watches. It makes an excellent gift for lovers of history and classic style.
There are many models of Fossil watch available in the market. The fossil manufactures different types of timepieces like chronograph and multifunction.
There are different ways to adjust any specific type of timekeeper. Also, the adjustment of your new fossil timepiece is a bit different than the others.
But how can a fossil watch be set with 3 dials? It might confuse you, and it will especially happen if you’re unfamiliar with how watches work.
So we are giving you guidance on setting a fossil watch with 3 dials from here. In this post, we will also cover how you can reset your new fossil watch.
What are the Three Dials on a Fossil Watch?
Before you know how you will set a fossil watch, it is a must to have an idea of the fossil watch 3 dial meanings. So here is a fossil watch dials explained.
If you happen to see what are the dials on my fossil watch as a problem, then here is an explanation for it.
It is sometimes referred to as the face; the dials on your fossil watch are the hands that indicate the time and other functions of the watch. Most fossil watches have at least a dial and dials.
The dials are what you use to tell the time. Depending on the watch, they may be the only parts of the watch you’ll ever need to set.
That’s because they’re usually bezel-set, meaning they’re integrated with a ring that shows how far the watch is from “midnight” (12 o’clock).
The three dials on a fossil watch are the hour, minute, and seconds hand.
- The hour dial shows you the time. Depending on the watch, it may also have a 24-hour dial marked by the 24 hours of the day.
- The minute dial shows you the current minute.
- The seconds’ dial shows you the seconds.
How to Set Fossil Watch with Three Dials?
You will see actually there are 3 dials placed on these time-keeping devices. If you have adjusted the multifunction watches or chronograph, then it is not that hard to set up a 3-dial Fossil Watch. The same procedure will be used there.
However, if you don’t know how to set it, use these steps for chronograph and multifunction watches.
For Chronograph 3 Dials
- Move your crown to its second position. You can do this if you don’t see any date setting available with the chronograph.
- If you see that the data has been set, you can move your crown and take it to the third position.
- Then to set the time, you can rotate this crown.
- As the last step, you can push this crown back to its standard position.
For Multifunction Fossil Watches
- The first step will need you to move your crown for third place. And make sure to rotate it in a clockwise method.
- Please go through the hours and then adjust them to the desired day. You can change the day by making two full crown rotations.
- Go to the Day to set your day with the rotating crown.
- If you want to make the crown back for its standard position, then Restore
Fossil Watch Instructions
Now that you know how you are going to set your Fossil watch let’s turn our heads to the instructions of this watch as follows.
How to Set Time on Fossil Watch?
The fossil smartwatch is powered by a wear OS system. You can adjust the date, time, and time zone on an android smartwatch. You can follow the steps given below to adjust up your smartwatch.
Steps to adjust up fossil smartwatch
- To adjust up time swipe the screen down from the top
- Go to the settings
- If there no option for settings on the top screen then swipe left.
- After that, go to system settings.
- Select date and time and set up your time settings
- You can turn on automatic date & time or automatic time zone.
- If you want to manually adjust the time then turn off automatic settings
- Adjust time, date, or time zone manually.
You can also set up the time format in the smartwatch. You only need to select date and time from settings and 24-hour format or 12-hour format.
How to Set the Date on a Fossil Watch?
The setting date on fossil timekeeper is simple. There are three types of timepiece standard, multifunction, and chronograph timekeeper. We will understand how to adjust the date on different types of timekeepers.
- Guide 1: Adjust date on standard fossil timepiece
The fossil standard watches mostly comes with two hands and two subdials to track second and date. To adjust the date on the standard timekeeper, pull the crown on the second position and rotate the crown clockwise or anti-clockwise according to the model. After setting the date, push the crown to its normal position.
- Guide 2: Adjust date on the multifunction timekeeper
The multifunction timekeepers come with three or two subdials. There is some procedure to adjust the date in a multifunction timepiece. Pull the crown out to the number two position and rotate it according to the model.
After setting push the crow to its normal position. However, the date will not change on the following day, if you change the date between 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Guide 3: Adjust date on a chronograph timekeeper
There are two styles for chronograph timepieces one that comes with a stopwatch and one that comes with a stopwatch and date both. Date settings are only available in some chronograph models.
To adjust date in those models, just pull out the crown to the second position. Then rotate it clockwise until the following date does not appear. After setting the date, push the crown to its normal position.
How to Change Date in Fossil Watch?
If your fossil watch has an adjustable date, you can change the date in a variety of ways:
- Pull your crown out and turn it with one click.
- Wind the watch. This will advance the date with one click.
- Push the button, which is placed on the side of your watch for over several seconds. This will advance the date with one click. If your fossil watch has a button that changes the date, push the button and then immediately push the button again.
- Rotate the dial so that the data shows.
How to Reset Fossil Watch to Factory Settings?
If you want to erase all data of your timekeeper, then you can reset it to the factory setting. The data stored in your Google account will not affect by a factory reset. It will not reset your phone or tablet. Follow the steps to reset your timepiece.
Steps to reset fossil timekeeper to factory setting
- Press the middle crown to power up the display
- Then again press it to enter the app menu.
- Go to settings
- Select disconnect & reset
- Now click the checkmark to confirm the factory reset.
- During this process, remove the timekeeper from your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
After resetting, you will need to connect your timepiece with your phone again to use it. You can re-download the applications from the play store after connecting the timekeeper to your phone.
Read Next: Fossil Gen 5 Carlyle Review
How to Set a Fossil Watch with 2 Dials?
If your fossil watch has a dual time function, you can set the time on the 12 o’clock dial and use the sub-dial to set the date. Always ensure that the dial on the bottom of the watch is set to the date. If it isn’t, you can set it so that it is. Then you are free to use the sub-dial to set the date.
How to Set a Relic Watch with 3 Dials?
Pull the crown of three clicks and make it away from the watch’s base, so it reaches your desired time. This can set the Relic watch with the needed time.
How to Use the Chronograph?
Pressing the start or the stop button, which you can see from the side of a watch, will make it stop or start. You can do it by the bottom button if you want to reset it.
Why is there a Rotating Dial on a Watch?
It can set specific reference times for the users and make it easier for them to view their elapsed time.
And these are the instructions you can follow for setting up a Fossil watch with 3 dials. Go carefully with all steps, and then you can set your watch how you want it to be.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Do Smartwatches Need Data Plans | All Things to know - July 14, 2022
- How to Charge Apple Watch Without Charger - July 10, 2022
- The 7 Best Smartwatches for Small Wrists | 2022 Ultimate Guide - March 5, 2022